Search This Blog

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Foregoing sleep

I'm sure anyone who's spouse works shift work can relate...
The baby goes to bed around 9pm. The husband is schedules to be off at 11pm. So I try to take advantage of that little piece of time to see how much I can get done.
Sewing patterns organized.
Fabric sorted.
Knit baby gift worked on.
Shower taken.

Of course, just as I settle down with my book to wait for him, I get find out he's been extended. It happens more often than not. But I keep waiting up, thinking he'll be home any minute.

Next thing I know, it's 2am and I'm getting up from my little nap to spend some time with my man. After he eats and we catch up, he's goes to shower. This is just about the time that the baby is awake to eat.

Hmm... Look at that...3:26am. About five hours before I'm planning on leaving for church. I really should get some sleep. Or I could squeeze in a couple more online surveys... I'm so close to my next gift card.

Ah, a day in the life! Who can relate?

No comments:

Post a Comment