Search This Blog

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Today, I choose joy!


I was slapped upside the head with a huge realization last night...

Being joyful is a choice.

There is so much in life that is sad or just hard to handle. There's no way around it. Jesus himself told us that we'd have trouble in this life (John 16:33). But every minute of every day, we have the option to choose joy. In the middle of all the ugly, messy junk that finds it's way into my life, I can choose joy.

Now, I'll admit, I'm not facing any truly horrible trials in this season of my life. But there is so much in the weeks and months ahead that can't be controlled. If I'm being honest, I let the idea of not having control overwhelm me and drag me down. I've wasted so much precious time worrying and wondering what's ahead when there's truly no way of knowing. What's the point? What's the end game? No matter how much effort I put into worrying, I can't change the fact that some things just can't be controlled.

So last night, I decided to choose joy....to choose faith...to find hope.

There is so bringing me joy! My Jesus, my husband, our life together, the new, beautiful life growing inside me right now...I could go on forever.

There is not room in my life for both worry and faith. Worry says that I don't believe that my God can handle things. And that couldn't be more untrue. So I choose to have faith and that drives out any worry I might have.

And with joy and faith ruling in my life, I can't help but find hope!

Today, I choose joy. And I invite you to do the same. It's a beautiful, peaceful way to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment