Search This Blog

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Where have the last 4 years gone??

Yesterday, my husband and I celebrated our fourth wedding anniversary!!

In those last four years, I have lived at four different addresses in three different states. My husband has had five different jobs, I've had four. We survived 2012, which we spent the first six weeks planning a move, the next 34 weeks living apart six days a week in a strange city while he worked his way through the academy and the last 12 weeks diving headfirst into learning what it truly meant to be a LEO family.

These four years have flown by faster than I could have imagined (except for those academy months...those were the longest months I've ever lived through). But because of all the changes that we've moved through together, I feel like we've been married for 20 years. Not in a bad way. I know couples who have been married 20 or more years and haven't been through half as many significant changes as we have been.

Through it all though, I truly believe that knowing that we are on the same team through all of our transitions has let us become stronger as a couple. I never would have had all these changes if I wasn't with him, but I know that my life would not be as full as it is without him and all these transitions.

Four years ago, I never, ever would have guessed what was in store for us. I would have guessed we'd have a very traditional life with a pot roast on the table every night at 5:30. Real life could not be further from that.

But the honest, real truth is that I wouldn't trade our 4am catching up times for a 5:30 pot roast. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment